WELCOME TO THE HOME OF THE

CENTREDALE FIRE DEPT, INC

 

    The Centredale Volunteer Fire Department was established on July 18, 1906 in the Centredale village of North Providence, RI. As with many fire companies of the time, its formation was driven by the presence of large textile mills and the need for a readily-available fire suppression force.  One of 5 volunteer fire departments in town, its district included town hall, several schools, a business district along Smith Street (Rte 44) and Mineral Spring Avenue (Rte 15).
    Originally the governing body for the firefighters, in 1975 when the call system was organized and authority relinquished to the Town of North Providence, it transitioned into purely a social organization for former and current firefighters, and a tremendous resource and repository for the firefighting history and memorabilia for Centredale and the town of North Providence.  Many of the current members are former volunteer, call or career firefighters, going back over a span of 50 years or more.
    Social functions such as holiday dinners and parties, and annual memorials for departed firefighters, are held on a regular basis at Firefighter's Memorial Hall (the old Centredale station), and are open to the public.
    Meetings are held monthly in the basement of the old station 1 at 1995 Smith St, North Providence, the first Wednesday of every month at 7:30 pm, except holidays. Parking is in the rear of the building.

 

20111-2014  Cohannet Web Services.  All Rights Reserved - No usage of any image or content on this website is allowed in any form or any manner without the written consent of the Centredale Fire Dept, Inc.  Unauthorized use or reproduction for any reason is prohibited.